Sunday, November 7, 2010

Time flies.


It's 5 weeks until break. The first semester--almost done.

Sometimes time freaks me out. It passes so quickly and life's far distant plans are poof--------gone.


Usually, I want to slow life all the way down to pause. You know, stir it, sip it and add a little milk, just like a cup of my favorite joe, while I bask in the coffee house atmosphere and aromas. hmmm, delicious.

This, however, is the point in my China stint that I get restless, I want my holidays to come, now. I want to fly away and see new places and people. Remind myself how small I am in this crazy, diverse world.

....and then there is the other part of me that says, or you really could get that cup of joe and feel cozy in that dungeon like cave you like to call Java House, for example, sipping in all that is caffeine and comfort of familiarity.

As I plan my future away, making goals for the next few years, I think I'll always be tied between these two tugging strings. Home or life abroad?

"Travelling is like flirting with life. It's like saying, I would stay and love you, but I have to go; this is my station."

Lisa St. Aubin de Teran

(I've been looking at too many travel quotes lately.)

For now, I'll just dream about Australian espresso and a much needed Frisky sister reunion, while I eat Chinese food until I explode.

No comments:

Post a Comment