Saturday, September 25, 2010

Groggy and confused.

It's 6 a.m. and I'm up on a Sunday for my second day of work. Yes, work for me starts on the weekend. The Chinese like to give you holidays off, but don't be confused, you'll make it up, on your weekend.

So, anyway, as I finally roll awake, I see an email from one of my traveling friends from the rock climbing competition. The results were unsurprising, the Chinese won, no question. I had already assumed that. However, what I didn't expect (AT A "CLIMBING" EVENT) that they would have a beauty contest also. They chose 10 confused maidens and mates as the winners, oddly enough I was one of them, and as Leah told me, had I not left early I too would have been leaving with 500 yuan in my pocket.

Odd? Yes, very. Only in China.

Good morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment